Our mission is “To Encourage, Equip and Empower Educators according to Biblical Principles.” We are the only professional association for Christians who are called to serve in public schools. Our members have served the youth of America since 1953 through classroom teachers, administrators, and para-professionals in education.
CEAI is a non-profit religious association with a Membership Service Center in Westlake, Ohio. Our support is through memberships, tax-deductible donations and grants. CEAI membership consists of teachers, administrators, para-professionals including any person hired by a school district. In addition, we offer associate membership to parents, pastors, school board members, youth leaders and others concerned or interested in the education of our children.
God’s Love and Truth transforming our schools.
To Encourage, Equip and Empower Educators according to Biblical Principles
- Proclaim God’s Word as the source of wisdom and knowledge
- Portray teaching as a God given calling and ministry
- Promote educational excellence as an expression of Christian commitment
- Preserve our Judeo-Christian heritage and values through education
- Promote the legal rights of Christians in public schools
- Provide a forum on educational issues with a Christian world view
- Partner with churches, parachurch organizations, educational institutions and parents
- Provide resources and benefits for educators including professional liability insurance
Our Core Values
Our Statement of Faith
We believe in:
- One God eternally existent in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Bible as the inspired Word of God.
- Christ, the Son of God, His virgin birth, His miracles, His vicarious atoning death for our sins, His bodily resurrection and His return.
- The need and reality of spiritual conversion by the Holy Spirit through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- The ministry of the Holy Spirit Who enables us to live a godly life.
CEAI, founded in 1953, became the first national organization of professional Christian educators serving in public, private and charter schools.
CEAI is a leader in promoting the rights of religious persons in public education and in providing benefits for educators (including professional liability insurance).
CEAI is on the leading edge. . . encouraging Christians to be “Salt and Light” in public education, promoting the Declaration for Public Education which encourages the local church and community to be an active participant and supporter of public schools, and a return to Judeo-Christian values which promote character education and core values.