Learning Math Can Be As Easy As Pi
All throughout out school, I struggled with math. I’d rather a visit to the dentist for a tooth extraction, have to teach a zumba class, or cheer on the Dallas Cowboys fan (no, that’s going way too far) than have to attend math class or let alone take a math exam.
Even though I despised math as a student, I have come to appreciate math that math is critical to success in college and life. I have used math in so many situations and now I understand the importance of learning math.
My kids have found how to use technology to build their math skills.
Check out these math TIPPS to help your child find success with math.
- KHAN ACADEMY – If you haven’t done so already, you need to check out Khan Academy. This website was designed by a dad to teach his daughter math. Now, the site is packed full of videos on a variety of topics. It’s a great way to learn fractions, stats, or simple addition. Go to Khan Academy
- FREE RICE – Our kids love this site because they can learn math and give rice to other children who need food. Free Rice gives away 10 grains of rice for every correct answer. This is much more than math, students can learn vocab, languages, and the sciences.
- MATH.COM – This website is packed with math problems, games, and tutoring for all levels.
- WOLFRAMALPHA – This website is amazing. Ask it any question and it answers in computation format. This makes math come alive with graphs, charts, and the answers to your deepest questions about life.
- THE MATH FORUM – A Philadelphia University has stepped up to the plate to provide a power packed website on learning math. Drexel University equips K-12 students with the tools to be successful with math.
- FIGURE THIS – Created by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, this site provides tips for helping your child with math homework, getting tutoring, and guiding your child toward success in math.
Please comment and share your favorite website to learn math. Hopefully we can all have a piece of the Pi this summer:)